Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIC

Kath

Kath,

Para 392 xvi KR is the relevant paragraph in the King's Regs discharging a soldier as not longer medically fit for service.

(Discharged on 25/2/18).

The medal references will be the page of the medal roll on which his entitlement appears.

This appears as the list for the RASC (Royal Army Service Corps).

I think that is it. No doubt if I've missed something you will hear from another pal.

Ian

I wouldn't disagree with Ian but the wording of KR 392 xvi was "no longer physically fit for war service"

The RASC reference is, I think, to the award of a Silver War Badge. If you follow the reference through and check the SWB roll you should find out more about him.

Paul

Thank you both very much.

I wondered if the H. (?) O. 29/19 referred to some specific health problem.

Can I request a copy of the medal roll from the NA by post?

I've tried accessing:

7. Other Records of the First World War

You may find the following research guides produced by The National Archives useful:

For basic details about soldiers, try the campaign medal rolls, British Army Services: Campaign Medals, and other Service Medals.

BUT link does not work.

Kath.

Can I request a copy of the medal roll from the NA by post?

Not too sure about that, you'd need to check the NA site. Why not post a request in the "I'm going to the NA" section of this site. While you're at it you should also check the British War and Victory Medal Roll and also WO363 / WO364 tosee if the service record exists. Then there's the war diaries...