Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Coldstream Guards

mmm45

Hi

Can any Coldstream Guard expert please see if they have any info on the following who may have transferred to one of the Tunnelling Companies in 1915.

5029 Pte William Gerrard

6783 Walton Myles

They are the next 2 numbers after the man im interested in 6048/86124 Pte J Herrington.

Any help much appreciated.

Ady

Hello

I will check the rolls and get back to you

Ian

Hello

Had a quick look on the rolls and cant see either ? Perhaps went to France with the RE ?

Ian

Hello

Had a quick look on the rolls and cant see either ? Perhaps went to France with the RE ?

Ian

Hi Ian

The two above named ranks are on the Medal lists as first being with Coldstreamers then RE havnt downloaded MICs yet but have also looked into Cpl Enoch Dalton DCM AND BAR he was 3rd Btn Coldstreamers and went over between April and June to 170 Coy there seem to be about half a dozen transferred around that time my guy 6048 Herrington (86124 RE) definately went to France with BEF.

Ady

Hello

if/when you get the roll numbers I will be certain where to look - in the mean time I will look at the misc

pages and recheck too - I did expect to find them

Ian

Hello

if/when you get the roll numbers I will be certain where to look - in the mean time I will look at the misc

pages and recheck too - I did expect to find them

Ian

Ian

Have just downloaded MIC Myles HE WAS AWARDED 14 star and clasp.Think it reads CG roll page 356?

Will try and download.He claimed clasp in 1920 rest of the medals are on RE rolls.

Just wonder if like HERRINGTONS name on roll it has transfer date?

cheers

Ady

Hello

6783 is M Walton - walton is the surname. To France 12/8/14 and trans to RE 1-4-15 # 86126. Also MID June 15.

Ian

Hello

sorry you had to spend the £3.50 for no need. I assumed it was his surname as thats the way the other one read

Ian

Hello

6783 is M Walton - walton is the surname. To France 12/8/14 and trans to RE 1-4-15 # 86126. Also MID June 15.

Ian

Hi

Ian thanks any idea what the MID was for probably Mining related with 170 Coy?

Ady