Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Squeak, wilfred and a firemans medal

museumtom

I just aquired a trio, the Victory medal and War medal to the Irish Guards and another one for the same man named to him of course as sub officer in the London Fire Brigade. Would they have any records I could use to research this man. His name was T.J.Chivers.

Regards.

Tom.

PS:Pip;Squeak & Wilfred colloquially refer to the 1914~15 Star,BWM & Allied Victory Medal;only when as a "Trio"

When alone the British War Medal & Allied Victory Medal are in "parlance" referred to as "Mutt & Jeff" two other Cartoon Characters of the era

Great information.

Many thanks Tafski, I will follow that up. I have a brother who is 'high up' in the Irish Fire Brigade and have asked him to see if he can pull some strings.

So a ww1 pair is known as a Mutt and Jeff, and a trio is a Pip Squeak and Wilfred, thanks Harry, much appreciated, I did not know that.

Whats a pony and trap, and a syrup of figs then?

Tom.

"Pony & Trap"~ What a dee~lightful young lady referred to "All Men" as full of this Morning in town:As in " Why are men like Toilets?"

"'Cos they are all either Vacant ,Engaged or full of Cr*p!"

"Pony & Trap"~ What a dee~lightful young lady referred to "All Men" as full of this Morning in town:As in " Why are men like Toilets?"

"'Cos they are all either Vacant ,Engaged or full of Cr*p!"

Nothing wrong with 'crap' ......... respectable etymology, as the flush-khasi was brought into use by Thomas CRAPper of blessed memory.