Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

6th Shropshires ?

homeguard

Hi, have recently discovered that I have 3 great uncles that served in the KSLI during the war, besides their names and dob I have no other info, I have been advised to try and find Annette in relation to the 6th Shropshires on this site because she has info on men who served with the KSLI, if I am mistaken, sorry!!

Annette is THE expert on the battalion and her Forum user name is unsurprisingly "6th Shropshires". Drop her a Personal Message.

Copies of her book "6th Battalion, King's Shropshire Light Infantry, 1914-19" are available from Amazon (and, no doubt, other sources - but you can buy from Amazon via the Forum and the Forum owner gets a cut towards running costs)

John

Copies of her book "6th Battalion, King's Shropshire Light Infantry, 1914-19" are available from Amazon
That's new to me John, the only place selling them is the Regimental Museum at Shrewsbury and I have a few at home put thanks for the plug hope Chris does not mind :unsure:

homeguard like John says you can PM me for just add there names here and I will see if I have any info. on them.

Annette

That's new to me John, the only place selling them is the Regimental Museum at Shrewsbury and I have a few at home put thanks for the plug hope Chris does not mind :unsure:

homeguard like John says you can PM me for just add there names here and I will see if I have any info. on them.

Annette

Thanks Annette, the names are Samuel, William and Thomas Gregory

2nd hand on Amazon (as is the one on Abebooks)

That explains it John thanks, by the way are you near to wanting the info. on the K.S.L.I. lads from Stockport.

homeguard I have sent you a PM

Annette

Annette,

Can you tell the Regimental Museum not to keep closing when I'm in town?!

That's twice now....

The whole castle was closed yesterday!

Steve.

P.S. I know. It doesn't open until the 14th.

Annette

Funnily enough, I've been sorting out the list of KSLI men this weekend. I'll drop you an email/PM later in the week. Anything you've got from the database, gratefully received (if I'm being too cheeky with such a big list - about 40, feel free to tell me to "go away"). Your offer is very kind.

John

John- no problem with long list, just glad to help with any memorial project.

Steve-I guess because its a small Museum, its closes over the winter to save money hopefully next time you visit it will be open.

Annette