Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Somme 22til 30th July 1916

Zipperheads9

I need help finding the units at ( sorry for spelling ) Pozieers ,Battle of the Somme July 22nd till the 30th 1916 .I am doing research on the units facing the 117th German division during that period .

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly be apreciated.

I have a list of units in the 48th Brittish Division and the 49th Division (West Riding) for 1918 .I have no listing on the Anzacs ,other than they faced off against the 157th Infantry regiment of the german 117th inf.Div.

I hope this is not conviluted . I am also looking into a WW2 Italian Battle that my Regiment Supported them in .

Thanks Again

Mark Giroux

I need help finding the units at ( sorry for spelling ) Pozieers ,Battle of the Somme July 22nd till the 30th 1916 .I am doing research on the units facing the 117th German division during that period .

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly be apreciated.

I have a list of units in the 48th Brittish Division and the 49th Division (West Riding) for 1918 .I have no listing on the Anzacs ,other than they faced off against the 157th Infantry regiment of the german 117th inf.Div.

I hope this is not conviluted . I am also looking into a WW2 Italian Battle that my Regiment Supported them in .

Thanks Again

Mark Giroux

The 1st Australian Division was the first of the Australians that went into the line at Pozieres, followed by the 2nd & 4th Division.

The following link has the list of Battalions

http://www.awm.gov.au/units/ww1.asp

Regards

Andrew

Merci

That site is a very good site ,I wish Canada would recognize it's sacrifice in a similar manner.

The 157th Inf regiment was a tough unit ,it faced the Canadian division on Aug 08th 1918 and was noted by the official Canadian historian.