Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ypres,hill 60 & Zillebeke

WINDSOR383

My great grandfather was wounded in the trenches at zillebeke 24 april 1915 the 2nd battalion QOCH were occupying trenches 38 to 45 behind hill 60 at the time, does any one no where i can find a copy or have a copy to show me. all i have got is a large scale copy of ypres which does not show any trenches.

best regards Stu.M

You should try www.pathsofglory.co.uk its a site run by a Pal and has most of the maps availble from the western front. Word of warning though, 1915 was definitely the early stages of trench maps so you might not have much luck anywhere. I am sure persistance will find you what is out there though.

Andy

I recommend the book 'Hill 60' by Nigel Cave, you will find a lot of detail in the period you are looking for

It is part of the Battleground Europe Series and you will get it new for less than a tenner from Pen & Sword. I assume that they have a website or ring them on 01226 734555.

Sean

the map you sent is fantastic just what i was after, the war dary for the 2nd battalion is lacking in maps, so thank you so much for this copy. also the links the other gentlemen sent.

best regards Stu.M