Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

18th Brigade, R.F.A.

Chris Noble

Hi.

18th Brigade R.F.A, attached to 3rd (Lahore) Division.

In August 1914,Division based in India, September 1914, arrived in France. Involved in various actions on the Western Front until December 1915 when Division moved to Mespot, eventually moving again to Palestine, January 18.

Now this is what is confusing me. Did the 18th Brigade R.F.A. leave the Division at some stage?

I ask this question as i have come across 2 casualties to this Brigade, both of "D" Battery, buried in France. One Sergeant killed 23/3/18 and the other, a Gunner killed 27/9/18.

Sorry if i seem a bit confused but for some reason i believed that this Brigade remained with the Division ;)

Look forward to somebody pointing me in the right direction!

All the best, Chris.

18th Brigade left the 3rd (Lahore) Division on 20 March 1916 and served with the 3rd Canadian Divisional Artillery from then until 30 July 1916. It then joined the 4th Canadian Divisional Artillery on 31 July 1916. In February 1917, 18th Bde, RFA became 18th Army Bde, RFA and remained with 4th Canadian Divisional Artillery until 7 July 1917. For the remainder of the war it served under First Army. Dick Flory