Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Scots Guard POW

mmm45

Hi

Can anyone give me some information on 8367 Pte Frederick Eccles.I think he died as a POW in 1915 in Germany.He was a Scots Guard.

Thank you.

Ady

from SDGW (book not CD)

Eccles, Fredrick, Born Kendal,Westmorland, enlisted Preston,Lancs(Blackburn ,Lancs)8367,Gdsm,died F &F20/6/15.

Here's a link to his CWGC entry.http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_detail...casualty=903302

Buried in Germany.

That's all I have on him.

Have been checking on the POW site behind the wire and cant find any details of the above named rank.Can anyone shed any light on the above?

thanks

Ady.

Ady,

Sometimes behind the wire contains references to those that died as PoWs but these are very few compared to all those that died. Most of those that are listed survived. The CWGC site reference gives details of all the camps that contributed to the cemetery that he is in but it is a long list in this case. The CWGC may be able to identify whether he was originally buried in this cemetery or transfered from somwhere else and if so, where that was. Failing that, a donation to the Red Cross may get you some details.

Doug

Ady,

Sometimes behind the wire contains references to those that died as PoWs but these are very few compared to all those that died. Most of those that are listed survived. The CWGC site reference gives details of all the camps that contributed to the cemetery that he is in but it is a long list in this case. The CWGC may be able to identify whether he was originally buried in this cemetery or transfered from somwhere else and if so, where that was. Failing that, a donation to the Red Cross may get you some details.

Doug

Thanks Doug

Just waiting Service History from Guards Archives before next step

Ady :)