Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ANYONE HAVE THIS BOOK

Christina

I have been told by the Red Cross that a book is available that lists wounded soldiers up to July 1917. It is called Enquiry List No 14 1917 by Ray Westlake Books, Sunset Militaria. I need to know if the book contains the wounded in 1916? Anyone help?

Regards

Christina

hi christina i have the book it does contain a few 1916 entries refering to missing men ok

Christina,

The "Enquiry List" doesn't contain wounded as it's primary roll was to identify those who were "missing" and so it was published twice a month. Your best bet for locally wounded is actually the local newspapers from the area Robert came from or any R.Berkshire Regt regimental magazines that may have existed which contained lists of wounded.

Graham.

Thank you Graham, I have tried to locate newspapers but being in Australia one cannot go to the libraries that may have them. I have contacted the Regimental Museum who have given me the little they had on him which wasn't enough to substantiate he is definitely mine. My reason for looking up wounded is that the wounds should establish I have the right man. He is the only Robert Tucker listed for that regiment and one of his childrens birth certificates states "Private" Royal Berkshire Regiment so I am 80% certain, however this man was a regular prior to the war and my Mother [his daughter] doesnt think this is so hence my reason to try and confirm my man. The Regimental museum conducted a search to see if any details could be obtained on his prior to the war discharge but the only ones they were able to find did not fit my man. This search so far has taken me a few years so perhaps in the end I will find something. I have also contacted The Red Cross, The British Legion, Haig Homes, BLESMA plus had numerous posts and a photo on the forum hoping to turn up some detail or confirmation. Chris Baker did some research for me and I have a list of Robert Tucker's but he couldn't confirm a definite one for me with what information was available.

Regards

Christina

Hi Christina

Just thought of another option. I have "Berkshire in the Great War" which is extracted from the local papers. I'll check for any reference to Robert Tucker & get back to you later today.

Yours aye

OxfordYeoman

Thanks Graham

I have tried the local historical society to see if they have any newspapers, they are advertising among their members, so far no luck. As I am overseas cant look in the local libraries for newspapers.

Regards

Christina