Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Soldiers Who Died in the Great War

Fred W

Fred,

I was amazed to see that they've managed to get permission - N&MP aren't that lenient usually. After searching you are given surname, first names, initals and places of birth & residence, but to view a "hit" (and see a little bit more) costs 10 units, whereas viewing the regular records they supply only costs one unit. Bit steep, but I'm glad I've got the disc!!!

Les

Fred

N&MP have also got a website (www.military-genealogy.com) where the SDGW is available online, represents better value than 1837online as you get twice as many searches for your £5 minimum (as that's all I buy at any one time).

I guess 1837online becomes better value if you opt to buy higher numbers of units.

Steve

You can always get a free search here, and dont forget War dead databases!!

Regards.

Tom

That reminds me Tom

Can you check again for me please: 6721 Pte Ernest Whitcomb 1st Middx Regt and later Labour Corps.

Cheers

Paul

1837online.com have now got SDGW on line.

Good hunting.

Fred

The February issue of "Family Tree Magazine" has a free 10 unit card, issued by 1837online, on the front cover.

Paulk, is this man a casualty?

He is not in SDGW

Tom.

Hi Tom

Yes, he died in December 1918. He's on the CWGC debt of honour but he's still a bit of a mystery in many respects. Many thanks for checking in any event.

Paul