Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bertram Beddows Liverpool Regiment

johnbeddows

John

To give you the details you need you have to pay your £3.50 and download the actual image of the medal index card.

Andy

John,

To save you the trouble I can tell you what is on the card. It simply states that Bertram Beddows crossed to France on 16 March 1915 - that is all the additional information that you will find.

From my own research I can also add that Bertram was part of the 19th re-inforcement draft for the 1st Kings - he joined them in the Field at Bethune on 20 March. His number indicates that he enlisted in the first week of July 1911 when he was 15 years old. I do not know when he transferred to the Cheshires it was probably after he had been wounded with the Kings and recrossed to France - perhaps there are some Cheshire number experts out there who may be able to help.

I saw your posting on the Merseyside genealogy site and was going to reply to you there but saw your posting here which prompted the reply.

Regards

Promenade

John,

To save you the trouble I can tell you what is on the card. It simply states that Bertram Beddows crossed to France on 16 March 1915 - that is all the additional information that you will find.

From my own research I can also add that Bertram was part of the 19th re-inforcement draft for the 1st Kings - he joined them in the Field at Bethune on 20 March. His number indicates that he enlisted in the first week of July 1911 when he was 15 years old. I do not know when he transferred to the Cheshires it was probably after he had been wounded with the Kings and recrossed to France - perhaps there are some Cheshire number experts out there who may be able to help.

I saw your posting on the Merseyside genealogy site and was going to reply to you there but saw your posting here which prompted the reply.

Regards

Promenade

Many thanks for that

John

• spof changed the title to Bertram Beddows Liverpool Regiment