Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

5th.Btn. SW Borderers

Guest gwentman

I have a photo of the south Wales Borderers that contains my great uncle 18313 Pt. Edwin Lewis. All ranks are there but only one soldier is bareheaded. Why I wonder? If you go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gwentman and choose "family photographs" you can see what I mean (at the bottom of the page). Which soldier is Edwin? I don't know to this day. Mike. :rolleyes:

Guest rachel8864
I have a photo of the south Wales Borderers that contains my great uncle 18313 Pt. Edwin Lewis. All ranks are there but only one soldier is bareheaded. Why I wonder? If you go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gwentman and choose "family photographs" you can see what I mean (at the bottom of the page). Which soldier is Edwin? I don't know to this day. Mike. :rolleyes:

Mike,

Correct me if I am wrong but there are two people in the photo who are bareheaded. A chap at the back and one at the front standing.

Cheers Rachel.

Mike,

Correct me if I am wrong but there are two people in the photo who are bareheaded. A chap at the back and one at the front standing.

Cheers Rachel.

Well spotted Rachel,

It was the young guy right of centre that caught my eye. It would have been a lot easier if I'd asked my grandmother while she was alive. :rolleyes:

LOL Mike,

Blackwood.

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see another welshman in the Pals.

Regards

David

Hello David,

I take it that the Pioneers were Sappers?

Mike,

Royal Standbacks (as my grandmother referred to my grandfather who chose to go down the pit instead of getting killed like her two brothers) :(