Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1914 STAR MEDAL ROLL

mmm45

Hi

Im researching a Coldstreamer/RE tunneler who was awarded a 1914 Star.In the medal roll it says final disposal category C which meant taken into storage i think.Does this mean it was never sent to the man.He wasnt a Casualty.

Any help much appreciated.

Ady

What makes you think cat C meant taken into storage, please?

I have a seen a digital photo of the roll and it gives 3 categories a/presented/b posted or c into storage i was wondering this meant it was never presented.

cheers

Ady

The categories have long puzzled me and others. Can you categorically say that you have seen these officially identified as you describe, and if so, pin-point the reference? This would be very useful.

Thank you.

The categories have long puzzled me and others. Can you categorically say that you have seen these officially identified as you describe, and if so, pin-point the reference? This would be very useful.

Thank you.

Hi

I was sent a photo of the coldstream guards 1914 star medal roll page 161.At present having difficulty uploading it for the forum.The column after Remarks states Record of Disposal of decoration.(a)presented(b)despatched by post© taken into stock.my man has C 20-12-18 in this column

I will try and email you the photo offline.

Ady

post-9371-1138117970.jpg

Hi

I was sent a photo of the coldstream guards 1914 star medal roll page 161.At present having difficulty uploading it for the forum.The column after Remarks states Record of Disposal of decoration.(a)presented(b)despatched by post© taken into stock.my man has C 20-12-18 in this column

I will try and email you the photo offline.

Ady

Managed to upload the phot.

Ady

hello

15 star rolls have the same categories

Ian

Hello

Most of my 14 stars are category A/B but I do have at least one in cat C

Ian