Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

No Ordinary Determination

1ramsey1

I have just come across the book No Ordinary Determination by Jeff Hatwell. The book covers the contribution made by Major P C H (Percy) Black, DSO, DCM, Croix de Guerre & Lieutenant - Colonel H W (Harry) Murray VC, CMG, DSO and Bar, DCM, Croix de Guerre of the 1st AIF.

Has anyone read this book and what is your opinion?

I have just come across the book No Ordinary Determination by Jeff Hatwell. The book covers the contribution made by Major P C H (Percy) Black, DSO, DCM, Croix de Guerre & Lieutenant - Colonel H W (Harry) Murray VC, CMG, DSO and Bar, DCM, Croix de Guerre of the 1st AIF.

Has anyone read this book and what is your opinion?

I enjoyed reading this book by Jeff Hatwell though some of the information on Harry Murray does cover a lot of the same ground as 'Mad Harry' by George Franki. Though if you haven't read 'Mad Harry' this won't matter.

It was good to read the story of Percy Black as his story was overdue to be told in a biography.

It's an amazing thing that two of the most decorated and well known soldiers in the AIF started out as private soldiers in the same machine gun section of the original 16th Battalion AIF.

It's well worth a read.