Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

looking for map

barkalotloudly

does any kind soul have the map issued with this book{ showing the locations of the surviving pill boxes}and would allow me to make a copy.

very many thanks

Yes I have a copy but am afraid I do not have photocopying facility and it is too big to scan. The book room of the IWM certainly has copies and can arrange photocopies for you. Your local library shoulsalso be able to get a copy from the Britiish Library at Boston Spa,

Peter

PS you say it gives locations of surviving pill boxes......what the map actually shows is a small selection of those which were there in the early 30's, most of them have now disappeared. There are of course many others which Thurlow did not have on his map.

peter very many thanks for your reply local library it will be!! very best regards john

THEexpert on German pillboxes in Flanders is Frankie Bostyn curator of the Zonnebeke Museum contactable there. Hes very keen and enthusiastic and I,m sure would be only too happy to answer any query about locations etc SG

Issue No.9 of the 3rd series of "Gunfire" magazine (now reprinted by G.H.Smith and Son?) is a copy of this book including a separate map for this edition.

It might be worth your while checking this out.

Dave.

Issue No.9 of the 3rd series of "Gunfire" magazine (now reprinted by G.H.Smith and Son?) is a copy of this book including a separate map for this edition.

It might be worth your while checking this out.

Dave.

If you encounter any problems here, let me know and I'll send you the map in A4 size "sections".

Dave.

dave, very many thanks