Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Biggles Biplane" takes off

LowNslow

Well our website anyway!

If you're interested in following progress on our BE-2 replica restoration, plus some background on 'Biggles' and the BE-2 story, take a look at www.biggles-biplane.com which goes on line today.

As always, it's 'work in progress', so if you've got any suggestions or comments, please let me know. Look forward to hearing from you!

post-8088-1137953572.jpg

Great Stuff. Hugely worthwhile project. My retirement should arrive in about 6 years time if the Nash keep me functioning that long!! It might be useful to have an estimate of what it would take (Skills, Manhours and Costs, together with the plans) to produce more of these, as an output of your campaign to put the aeroplane back into the sky. Regards Adam

Loved the website. It may be a work in progress, but it is clear and easy to navigate, and it gave me more info on my favourite author in my formative years. I take it the film was never finished? Good luck with the restoration project.

Dave

Loved the website. It may be a work in progress, but it is clear and easy to navigate, and it gave me more info on my favourite author in my formative years. I take it the film was never finished? Good luck with the restoration project.

Dave

Thanks for the complements. Sadly filming for "Biggles Sweeps the Skies" was never completed, although the aeroplane was later used in the opening credit of the 1970s BBC Drama series "Wings".

We've got one of the shooting scripts for the movie in our archive, so you never know!!!

Steve

Well our website anyway!

If you're interested in following progress on our BE-2 replica restoration, plus some background on 'Biggles' and the BE-2 story, take a look at www.biggles-biplane.com which goes on line today.

As always, it's 'work in progress', so if you've got any suggestions or comments, please let me know. Look forward to hearing from you!

post-8088-1137953572.jpg

Brings back fond memories of watchin "Wings" and winding down with episodes of "When the boat comes in".