Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

krrc

bernardmcilwaine

does anyone know if this man was killed in the war,hes listed on a memorial in sheffield but i cant find him on the CWGC,grateful for any help.

sgt william soutter

KRRC

bernard

Bernard,

Can't find him either.

Here's the online mic

Soutter MIC

does anyone know if this man was killed in the war,hes listed on a memorial in sheffield but i cant find him on the CWGC,grateful for any help.

sgt william soutter

KRRC

bernard

bernard

you may be missing a prefix to his s/n, my GF was R4488

hiya kath,hes from your home town,he worked at the vickers steel works sheffield,hes listed on their memorial,bernard

Hi Bernard

I have a man not officially listed but on ten local memorials. 1st KRRC, reservist, killed end Oct 1914 at First Ypres. No MIC, no SDGW, no CWGC, no docs at NA, no death certificate. Do you have a date for your man?

Bernard

Leaving aside the genuine "missings " from CWGC (estimated at anything upto around 20000), there are a number of reasons why he might be on the memorial and not CWGC.

Died after the due date. Died from non war related causes after being discharged. Died, even from wounds, after being discharged and no-one told the army/CWGC.

One of my local chaps, a Captain Nidd 7/Manc, is one like that. He had poor health and was discharged. Died in March 1919. Reading his file at Kew, it looks like the family tried to get him included on the Debt of Honour Register. His GP even wrote saying his illness was war related. But no commemoration. Great pity - brave man. This is his story:-

Clickety click.

John