Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

18 pounder QF Field Gun

Peter Beckett

I am thinking of building a model of the above (after seeing Rogers Fusilier model ), to compliment the nose cone that I have now cleaned up plus winter is really start to set in here.

I know that Langleys have a kit "Royal Field Artillery & 18 pound Field Gun(Reference #TRFA1)

1 officer, 1 kneeling figure 1 kneeling with shell 1 standing with binoculars and 1 18 pound field gun. Painted Price £64.15 Price: £30.70 / €51.58 " but does anyone know of any other kits or failing that where I can get scale drawings to scratch build if I have to. (definitely last resort at moment)

Peter ;)

Peter,

A manufacturer called Emhar do several WW1 subjects (tanks, guns and figs.) in 1/72nd scale plastic, including a 18Pdr and crew. The prices are pretty good too. I don't know of any stockists near you but an internet search should do the trick.

Roger.

• 2 weeks later...

White metal kits for the 18pdr are available from WWW.4milmodels.com and WWW.skytrex.com both are well detailed kits and Skytrex also do a full horse team limber and gun.

Kingscpl,

many thanks, the range at WWW.4milmodels.com is fantastic. the model by Mountford looks fairly detailed.

Peter ;)

Kingscpl,

Looks like WWW.4milmodels.com is closing down according to their web page..

I contacted Dave Love direct at Mountford ( email dlove@supanet.com )

A very prompt reply and the kits are on the way downunder

again, thanks for the info

Peter ;)