Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Unit War Diary

Raster Scanning

Can anyone tell me if the unit my Gt Uncle was attached to (2nd Anzac Signal Coy) has a War Diary and where it is, I am having trouble finding it at Kew.

Cheers.

John.

post-76-1137235608.jpg

Try the AWM Research Centre John,

Rgds

Tim

Thanks Tim.

I have actually found the handwritten recommendation by his CO for the award of the MM. This was from the AWM site. At that time he was with the Headquarters Signal Coy RE, Australian and New Zealand Army Corps at Gallipoli (see Interprating Medal Cards section).

He was with the 2nd ANZAC Corps Signal Coy in France when the award was made.

I have searched for both these unit war diarys on the National Archive and AWM sites, with no luck. I suspect that as these were such small units there will be names mentioned.

I guess I will write and ask for advice.

Kim

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes I have been here for a month or so and settling in well, when I get a moment without a paintbrush in my hand I will start the blog again!

Cheers

John.

Welcome John....a bit of a change from Brunei...or you still heading back periodically?

Rgds

Tim

Thanks Tim.

I may pop back but only socially. It seems like Kazakhstan will be my next port of call, but unfortunately the wife and kids will not be coming, too much to do here in Oz.

This will only be for a couple of years tops then I intend to stay in Perth for good.

Cheers.

Cheers John,

Brunei, Kazakhstan!! Now where can I get a job like you!! Any battlefields there?

Rgds

Tim

Yes mate, I also had a good meal there just before Christmas, quite enjoyed the wine tasting as well :blink: