Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Prisoners of War 1918

David_Blanchard

Looking for 'classic' images of British prisoners of war taken during the German Offensives of 1918 that I can use as part of a powerpoint presentation conerned with the end of the war for my GCSE students.

Additionally any 'classic' photographs of German Stormtroopers.

Any good websites to recommend in this respect.

Thanks,

David

Hello David,

I believe I have one or more from a German photo album where the British prisoners were being used to work on railway repairs, etc. If memory serves they are still wearing their helmets and equipment. The soldier involved was near Marcoing during the March offensive and has a number of shots from this period.

When I get home from work I will send you a scan. What size are you looking for? Could you send me your e-mail address in case I do not have it?

Ralph

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for your help. It only has to be small for a powerpoint presentation.

My e mail:

blanchie@btinternet.com

Regards

David

:) Ralph,

I would also be interested in seeing these images, could you post them on this thread?

Thanks

These were taken from an album from an Eisenbahn unit, a railway construction unit. The original photos were small, showing a large amount of detail of German soldiers and British PoW's working on the railway line in March 1918 judging from the dates of the surrounding photos including several nice ones of Marcoing and damaged British tanks left over from November/December 1917 at the battle of Cambrai.

With the new restrictions on photos I cannot place them directly on to the forum. Once I figure out how to host them and place smaller versions on I will, probably after I get home from work tonight.

Ralph

<_<

Thanks Ralph,

I will be only too happy to view when you post.