Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Common Form

Soren

Does anyone know where that thread is which tells you how to store pictures elsewhere is?

Sorry it's a bit late Soren(just read it today), but the thread has gone but Chris' announcement is here

Image Handling

Most of them give you a IMG tag which you just paste in as a weblink, instead of an attachment.

Soren, I was wondering what your thoughts were about putting the poetry beside a German soldier? Do you think the words are more appropriate to them?

Jon.

• 5 months later...
Soren, I was wondering what your thoughts were about putting the poetry beside a German soldier? Do you think the words are more appropriate to them?

I was wondering the same thing. I believe I saw this poem incorporated into another of your drawings and then was a bit surprised to see it alongside a German soldier. Is there an added significance here?

I too have no difficulty with the Kipling line but not the link to a German soldier; as a father I don't lie to my daughter (and I am sure that this was true in 1914 as well).

What the card does however show is the sad truth that politicians (of whatever colour) who start wars to support agrandisment are always prepared to kill their own countrymen

I'm pretty stupid, so don't kno much about English Lit, but I thought the poem was something to do with the fact that he'd (from what I understand of the history) pulled strings to get his Son pass the Army board. as he was unfit due to his eyesight. So I presumed it was partly as sense of his own guilt too?

As to the use of the German alongside the image, I too thought it might rest unesily with an English poem, my sense was that they were ALL victims?