Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Deeds that thrill the Empire

eviltaxman

I'm trying to track down any info in the "Deeds" series of books, to do with Daniel Burges VC. I've got volume one, but he ain't in there.... looks like vol 1 is 1914 to 1915-ish

Burges got his VC in Sept 1918, so I assume it'll be in vol 4 or 5 (if there are that many). Could a kind sole please look to see which (if any) volumes he's in. This is all part of my research in to a book I'm doing on him, but I'm unable to get my hands on any other volumes of "Deeds".

Cheers,

Les.

Hi Les,

I am only aware of two volumes, and he doesn't appear to be in either. Have you got the new Sideshows book in the VCs of the First World War Series? There is quite a bit on him.

Regards,

AGWR

PS Are you going to the next WFA meeting? Work has got in the way of the last few meetings.

I haven't had a chance to even see a copy of Sideshows yet..... just a matter of time. Looks like trip to Waterstones one lunchtime :D

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to more WFA meetings as my Harley chapter meetings have changed nights, Wednesdays to Tuesday....... so see you there.

Les.

Thanks for the offer, but I went in to Broadmead this lunch time to get a copy from Waterstones, but got side tracked.... I'm hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Les.

Edited by eviltaxman