Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ancre North

Desmond7

Des,

Just quickly skimmed through, but it looks very impressive. Hopefully I'll get time to read it in depth tomorrow!

Cheers

Alan

Des,

Good presentation, congrats to Ralph and yourself for putting this together.

Andy

Now I know what you were invisioning months ago when you raised the topic to do a collaborative project amongst the Forum Pals. Quite impressive. I need to do a better read, but at first glance it looks like something well over due. Perhaps the 1915 battles next? Andy

Guest Simon Bull

Very impressed - in between your day job; nursing the sick Mrs B; keeping the Holts in order and writing a novel how do you find the time?

Thanks all .. re 'the font' I know what you mean ... Ralph sorted me out with this info a long time ago and I'd 'made the package up' with a DTP programme. Basically I just converted the files to jpegs and posted them up.

I think I will go back and sort it out!

Next step will be across the river to the 'other half' of 108 brig.

I would love to see similar breakdowns of war diaries for other divisions/opposition.

Cheers des

Excellent, well done Des.

Des,

Excellent job and will read in detail ASAP. Am planning something similar for another part of the front so will take some lessons from this.

Only comment is that the file sizes of the jpgs are necessarily large, otherwise the text would become unreadable as a result of greater compression. I have broadband but anyone on a dial-up internet connection would take an age to download the site. Have you considered laying the material out in something like Dreamweaver? Having the text as text rather than a jpg would allow it to load in seconds whatever type of connection you have and the photographs, which are all quite small, would will load pretty quickly too.

But this is all nit-picking over an excellent venture you both should be proud of.

Des and Ralph,

Just had a quick look through and I am impressed, thanks very much for doing this and look forward to to future productions.

Mandy

Des and Ralph,

this is quite simply superb.

As some of the the chaps say, where next after this and the remainder of the Brigade?

1915 battles would be good.

:) Great apart from Debt Management Company!!

Tony

That's the one downer about free websites ...

Des

Des,

The information you have on this site and on your Ballymena site is valuable - and the ads etc. can put off some visitors - is it worth considering getting a dedicated domain? Obviously it does cost, but the hosting costs are not that much these days....neither are the domians if it comes to that.

Just a thought.

Alan

I never even saw any adds only what was important.

Mandy (obviously with blinkered vision)

Des / Ralph

Just caught up with this.

Congrats to the both of you - makes it all worth while when it all comes together and I know the hard work you have put into it.

Cheers

Glyn

Cheers again.

Update: Ancre South sector now available on same link as above.

I'm always on the look out for more images/maps etc which will enhance this site. All help greatly appreciated.

Onwards and upwards to the other two brigades.

Des