Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Small book find

Guest timson

This might sound easy now

I have been trying for several years to track my G Grandfather George Timson before he enlisted

We have been lucky in so far has we have a copy of his small book

Information gathered from this

Enlisted March 1901 at Aldershot aged 24 Born Marlybone London ( Also found in the 1901Census)

6158 2nd Battalion Hampshire Regiment.

Trade or calling Carman.

served in India and Aiden 1901 - 1904

Promoted to Lance Corperal Nov 1905

Father Edward deceased

Sister Florence named as next of kin

George came out of the Army and placed on the reaserve list.

George was called up from the reserve list for the 1914 - 1918 and was injured at Gallipoli and died on the 15th July 1915 on board the hospital ship 'Asturias'

From other information gathered you would think that with all of this information it would be easy to find him before he joined up, it seems that his life started when he enlisted for the army in 1901.

Hi Timson,

I assume you have tried searching the 1891 & 1881 Census?

If not, take a look at the National Archive website and try a search there. At least this may be a start.

Regards

PAUL JOHNSON

You have an age, a place of birth, and the name of his father. Couldn't you try and find his birth certificate? The earlier census' should be the next port of call as Paul suggested. Other than whats on his birth cert and census information, I don't imagin there will be much more to find out.

You have an age, a place of birth, and the name of his father. Couldn't you try and find his birth certificate? The earlier census' should be the next port of call as Paul suggested. Other than whats on his birth cert and census information, I don't imagin there will be much more to find out.

Hi

we have tryed all these options, No George Timson born in Marlybone London or London area that match with the record we have. Earlier Census have been looked at with the option of two other Timson's born close but do not link in with our Timson, unless we can find his place of birth then we are unable to obtain a birth certificate.

Hi

we have tryed all these options, No George Timson born in Marlybone London or London area that match with the record we have. Earlier Census have been looked at with the option of two other Timson's born close but do not link in with our Timson, unless we can find his place of birth then we are unable to obtain a birth certificate.

Could this be your man.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Births Sep 1876

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timson George Henry St. Geo. H. Sq. 1a 388

regards

Phil