Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

H/2/2C/201

Coldstreamer

Hello

What does this mean ? The man in question was deleted from this roll and there is only a record of him getting a 15 star and NOTHING else ..nothing on MIC and not in his units victory rolls

Ian

Hi Ian,

You do seem to ask some toughies! The last one was the SWB that I could not find. It still looks like some sort of medal roll code to me, presumably you have gone through the whole index book with any likely references, whatever the medal? Including the brown book on the table? Service record check?

Sorry if you have already done this, just trying to think of ideas.

Alie.

PS Can you reveal the man's name, number?

Edited by aliecoco

Hello

I only ask the ones I cant work out ... :rolleyes:

He is Pte Callaghan of the CGuards - 13539

I couldnt see which Regiment this number refers to in the books but its been suggested its the Liverpools.

Another mystery...

Ian

Hi Ian,

I had a look today at the roll reference, and I can confirm that it is to the Liverpool's. Its a 15* roll and converts into WO 329 2643. I also had a look at Pte P Callaghan's 13539 MIC and there is a 15* roll reference CG/1A p17 which converts into WO 329 2605.

I was also looking at the No8 General Hospital war diary for my own research, and have jotted down a few Coldstream Guard soldiers that I came across. Not sure if you are building a database or medals, but this might be interesting to you:

18061 Pte A Delement 2nd C.G. admitted 24-5-1918, GSW compound fracture right femur, died at 1400 28-5-1918.

21765 Cpl J Lovegrove 2nd C.G. admitted 31-8-18 GSW back & left thigh, died at 2045 9-9-1918.

Hope this all helps.

Alie.

Hello

Thanks - I will look up the roll next time I go

And I collect medals and have a database of men whose medals I dont have YET :D

Cheers

Ian