Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt. Eric Edwards, 2nb Batt, South Wales Borderers

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and not sure on how to ask for things or even who to ask.

I'm researching my great uncle, who is titled Lieutenant Eric Edwards of the 2nd Battalion South Wales Borderers. I know he was killed in Cambrai on 22/11/1917, but that's all the information I have. I am looking for his regiment number and any other information about him.

I would like help in finding any existing photo's as well.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum

This may be your mans MIC (Medal index card) http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...&resultcount=19

and this looks like his entry on cwgc http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/casualty_...asualty=1752703

As an officer I don't think that he would have had a regimental number as such.

Andy

Thanks guys, you've been a great help. I got the info wrong and it is written down as the 12th. Thanks

And it is his medals as far as I can tell.

Thanks again, gents

Check the National Archives website - you can search for an officer file in series references WO339 and maybe PIN26 (FROM MEMORY). If he seems to be there you can get an online quote to copy his file. This might (but might not!) include his sign up forms and any other correspondence with the War Office etc.

Haven't used the online file ordering system for a while but it worked fine when I did - £10 upfront which you can set against the cost of copying his file if you accept the quote. It didn't cost me more than the £10 but, obviously if its a huge file (unlikely) the quote will be higher.

Bernard