Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

JANUARY

Landsturm

So, the year is closing and we welcome 2006... and so far we have seen many Great "Great War" art pieces in MGWAT, since we started in... what month was it? Anyway, (to Soren1915; ) I think our idea of this thread wasn`t too bad at all!

But now it`s time for a new title;

"A letter from home to Hell"

As usual my suggestions tell very little about the subject (thus we have lots of different viewpoints).

Quickly! Put your sketchbooks to work!

Regards,

Corporal Koivurinne (Armour Jäger Coy)

Landsturm, you could have made it easier for Spike and had " Where's it gone" as the title. :D

Roger.

Edited by roger

Landsturm, you could have made it easier for Spike and had " Where's it gone" as the title

"Thanks, but I prefer my own"

:ph34r:

I agree, Spike...

Maybe you could suggest next months topic, Roger. Put yourself up for doing it at the end of January, any topic you like.....

I don't mind doing that at all, the only problem is I go away to sea probably this weekend or early part of next week and I will not be back until second week of February :(

Roger.

I can wait until the second week(after all you have probably won December). If the others can't ,I'm sure you'll get a go soon.......

I don't mind doing that at all, the only problem is I go away to sea probably this weekend or early part of next week and I will not be back until second week of February
Edited by spike10764

To set the ball rolling , here's my effort, A Letter from Home to Hell (I used photobucket again so fingers crossed :unsure: )

letter2.jpg

It's entitled ............................ Dear John ......a letter from home

Edited by spike10764

Interesting start, Spike :D

I can't draw....especially people, so I try to figure an angle to avoid them :rolleyes:

Still, it's a bit of fun trying....

Spike you know what you are doing here? You should not write a "Dear John" letter to the front!!!!! It’s devastating for the recipient’s morale.

Dear John -letters are the most feared by the soldiers -you know why?

Spike you know what you are doing here? You should not write a "Dear John" letter to the front!!!!! It’s devastating for the recipient’s morale.

Dear John -letters are the most feared by the soldiers -you know why?

I know...it's a bit dark I'll accept, but that's what struck me when Lands chose the topic

Edited by spike10764

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pals,

Here is my offering for this month.

Did any one else have a problem uploading them this time? It has taken about 10 days for it to actually work. Nevermind, good luck to all the entrants.

Cheers,

Tim

post-2434-1138318751.jpg

Phew ! I was feeling a little lonely for a while there. Any more please try and post I know it's a pain with the downloading,

but, the more the merrier before the end of the month.

Nice drawings Tim and Soren....

Very well done to you all, I'm very impressed with the drawings. Why can't I draw like that, well done again. :D

That's brilliant Landsturm. Starting at the top, it shows so clearly three stages of a soldier's experience. It deserves to hang on a wall somewhere.

Thank you all!

Starting at the top, it shows so clearly three stages of a soldier's experience.

Well spotted ;) Fighting, being wounded and eventually to become a part of the battlefield...