Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battleground Europe series - which edition if any ?

The Guardroom

Have started to collect the Battleground Europe books for certain battles connected with my family history and can't find one for the Le Transloy battles of Nov 1916. Is there a book for these series of battles or is it included under another title.

Would welcome any further suggestions for reading on this particular battle.

Many thanks,

Alan

There isn't one that covers this part of the battlefield in any depth. I did here one was coming out called 'Guedecourt' which may well cover it, but I haven't heard any more of that title for some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to this earlier posting, has anyone got a copy of the Flers - Gueudecourt Battleground Europe book.

Wondered if someone could check to see if this contained anything on the November attacks from Les Boeufs to Le Transloy, before I ordered from Amazon.

Thanks,

Alan

Thanks Terry,

Another deadend on Le Transloy action. Does not seem to be much dedicated to it in the written form, except the odd line in the odd book.

Whichever it is, don't try and get it in Borders.

Went into our very large branch today - not a single Battleground Europe on the shelves - and a blank look when I asked (they used to have a good stock)

John

Thanks Terry,

Another deadend on Le Transloy action. Does not seem to be much dedicated to it in the written form, except the odd line in the odd book.

I take it you haven't tried the "Official History of the War - Military Operations , France and Belgium 1916 Vol.2" then? It's available in re-print from the Naval and Military Press, the IWM, Tom Morgan or a variety of other sellers on Abebooks and Amazon.

Dave.

Whichever it is, don't try and get it in Borders.

Went into our very large branch today - not a single Battleground Europe on the shelves - and a blank look when I asked (they used to have a good stock)

Same with my (most local) branch of Waterstones.

dave.