Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Disneyland/Marne

Owen D

Edited 18th Feb.

Just got back today so here are my photos.Further down the thread.

Went to France last week did 3 days at Disneyland and rest of the week exploring the area.Stayed in a cottage in Vaudoy-en-Brie.Near Foret de Crecy where BEF sorted themselves out before turning around and advancing instead of retreating.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a beautiful, hill-top medieavel town called 'Provins' nearby. Rarely visited by modern tourists, it was besieged by the British is the middle ages and taken from the Germans by Yanks in WW2. Don't miss it.

• 1 month later...

There's a beautiful, hill-top medieavel town called 'Provins' nearby. Rarely visited by modern tourists, it was besieged by the British is the middle ages and taken from the Germans by Yanks in WW2. Don't miss it.

Yup thanks for that. Went there and it was lovely. I found a lone A&S Highlander there. see my other post here.http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...topic=47415&hl=

post-9683-1140302173.jpg

post-9683-1140300792.jpg

This map was at the Memorial to Charles Peguy whose actions and death are recorded in the Georges Blond book "Marne".

Sorry it's a bit small.Had to keep to the size limit.

Looks like you all had a good time Owen(bet it was quiet in the car for a while-no "are we there yet?")

Thanks for sharing the photos, it was quite some trip you all did :D