Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

95779 Private Walter John Watts RAMC

Guest David Lees

Guest David Lees

I am completely new to this and need advise.

My Grandfather 95779 Private Walter John Watts served in the RAMC and I know that he was in 1914 Tsing tao and in 1917 in Le Treport France.

I would appreciate advise on directions to goto discover more about his activities.

David Lees

Hi David, :)

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any more information on your Grandfather as the RAMC was a large Organisation and the chances of tying him down without further information are slight ? !!!!

Cheers

Tim

Guest David Lees
Hi David, :)

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any more information on your Grandfather as the RAMC was a large Organisation and the chances of tying him down without further information are slight ? !!!!

Cheers

Tim

Tim

Not really except that as far as family legend goes Grandad was on the Hospital Ships. Also spending quite a while in and around China in the first year of the war.

David

David

Welcome to the Forum.

Click here for a link to his Medal Index Card at the National Archives. You'll want to download it and that'll cost you £3.50

It should give you some leads. In terms of further research, can I recommend as a first step that you check out the "research" section of the Long Long Trail (link is top left of this page). That should give you an idea what may be possible.

Good hunting

John