Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

worcester soldier

shark

private Southall george henry 7th bn (Cradley) mm gazette 29th march 1919 worcestershire regiment

is it possible to find when he joined the army and where he first landing?

Did you download the MIC from the previous post, Phillipe?

If you have done then I imagine that it only stated VM & BWM hence your question.

Almost impossible to tell when these men went overseas generally speaking, however he seems to have a pre- TF renumbering 4-digit number listed on his MIC. I have generally taken that as a sign that "these" men were overseas with the 4-digit number as well as with the 6-digit one, hence being overseas before early 1917 when the numbers were changed.

No 1914 or 1915 Star would mean he went overseas after 1-1-1916. However, sometimes there were two cards for a soldier, one with VM & BWM and one with the Star, so worth doublechecking to be sure.

There is of course, a certain amount of reliance on correct bookkeeping in that assumption, and I have not seen the assumption proved beyond reasonable doubt either.

Steve.

[i haven t downloading them because there was a choice of four different one but i will

with his id number it will be easier

thanks again

You will probably only need to download the 4517 and 201976 numbered one. The MM one with only 201976 on it will probably not tell you anything more than you already know.

Steve.

You will probably only need to download the 4517 and 201976 numbered one. The MM one with only 201976 on it will probably not tell you anything more than you already know.

Steve.

i downloaded the file could you explain to me

thanks

sorry but the attachment is to big i ll try to send it again