Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SDGW Look up please

KateJ

Could some kind person lookup Alfred & George Henry Barrick on SDGW.

The details I have for Alfred are below - he might be listed as Amos Alfred Barrick as that was his full name. His brother George Henry Barrick is much more elusive as he doesn't appear on CWGC website. If it's any help, George Henry was born 1884.

Thanks for your help

Kate

Name: BARRICK, ALFRED

Initials: A

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery

Unit Text: 86th Heavy Bty.

Date of Death: 31/12/1916

Service No: 27486

Additional information: Son of Mary Arm Taylor (formerly Barrick), of St. Edmund's Lane, Dunmow, Essex, and the late Benjamin Barrick.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: Panel 4 and 61.

Cemetery: BASRA MEMORIAL

Alfred Barrick - additional info = born & resident of Dunmow, Essex, enlisted Warley, Essex. Died (i.e. 'natural' causes).

George Henry is not there. Could be a typo on the database - I'll play with it for a while.

Alfred Barrick - additional info = born & resident of Dunmow, Essex, enlisted Warley, Essex. Died (i.e. 'natural' causes).

George Henry is not there. Could be a typo on the database - I'll play with it for a while.

Thanks for Alfred. Thanks for the MIC - stupidly I hadn't thought of looking for him there. It's possibly him. I wonder why he isn't on CWGC or SDGW. Hmmmm need to do more investigating on him!

Thanks again

Kate

Sorry, I've tried numerous wildcards and combinations on SDGW and I can't find anything that links up with George.

A pure guess, but I was stumped for ages over a similar issue (not in SDGW or CWGC) some years ago and it transpired that my man had died following demobilisation on medical grounds (gas). He then died of the effects as a civilian (as shown on his death certificate). He's on the local war memorial but not either of the two databases. Could be a similar case?

Sorry, I've tried numerous wildcards and combinations on SDGW and I can't find anything that links up with George.

A pure guess, but I was stumped for ages over a similar issue (not in SDGW or CWGC) some years ago and it transpired that my man had died following demobilisation on medical grounds (gas). He then died of the effects as a civilian (as shown on his death certificate). He's on the local war memorial but not either of the two databases. Could be a similar case?

I think you're probably correct - I've done a search on FreeBMD and found his marriage but no death (although that doesn't mean anything).

I think the MIC you found could be the right one although there was one to a "G" Barrick as well.

Thanks for your help

Kate