Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thanks to the CWGC

FredJCarss

While reading "Welshdoc" (Gareth's) comment

There seems often to be an undercurrent of criticism here of the CWGC.(my underlining) Yes their not perfect but can only do what is humanly possible even if it takes time. I would like to pass on my thanks to those running the web site for the addition of pictures from the various cemeteries. It adds so much to the feel for the poor lost souls. Today I found that they had included a lovely photo of Kviberg cemetery near Gothenburg Sweden, with the majority of the war graves. I was moved to find that in the front row, 2 in was the grave of someone I have researched for some time, Charles Stephen Webb of HM Catspaw and from my hometown Thomas Edward Wilding. At least they lay in nice surroundings. Thoughts with them and their crewmates for Christmas. Gareth

I thought it would be nice if we could say our collective thanks for an excellent job well done and also providing a wonderful resource of benefit to all. They are great.

So Happy Christmas & and Good New Year to all the staff of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission!

Fred

I thought it would be nice if we could say our collective thanks for an excellent job well done and also providing a wonderful resource of benefit to all. They are great.

So Happy Christmas & and Good New Year to all the staff of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission!

Fred

I would certainly like to say "thank you". Thank you for your excellent database and best of all, thank you that it is free when so many other databases/gov records are not.

Thank you also for the excellent upkeep of all the cemetries - not an easy job at all.

And thank you to Terry for all his help with CWGC questions.

Kate

Fred

I have already said thank you to them for all the help they have given me this year. Why don't you email your own Christmas greeting? It will look much better.

They even said 'Merry Christmas' back despite the hundreds of queries, corrections and problems which I have sent their way this year! :D

Not surprisingly I agree, many thanks to all at the CWGC and also on a personal note to Terry for being both extremely patient with us and always friendly and helpful. Gareth

I would also thank all the staff at CWGC. Their site is invaluable and their maintenance of cemetries etc wonderful

Patrick