Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sheffield Park

paullaw1155

Pals

I am currently editing my photographs that I took on my last visit to make a personel DVD/SVCD which can then be played in my DVD player. Very pleased with the results especialy when a soundtrack and voice over are added. It looks very proffesional. What I am after is a aerial shot of the present day Sheffield park area to include in the project. I have seen one on the web before but have been unable to locate it.

This would be the only picture out of the 120 that I have used which would not be my own. Any offer of help in locating a picture would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul <_<

• 2 weeks later...
Pals

I am currently editing my photographs that I took on my last visit to make a personel DVD/SVCD which can then be played in my DVD player. Very pleased with the results especialy when a soundtrack and voice over are added. It looks very proffesional. What I am after is a aerial shot of the present day Sheffield park area to include in the project. I have seen one on the web before but have been unable to locate it.

This would be the only picture out of the 120 that I have used which would not be my own. Any offer of help in locating a picture would be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul <_<

Paul,

Sorry that I cannot help with an aerial photo. Any interest in sharing a couple of your photos for the battlefield guide that I am working on? I could use a good shot of Railway Hollow Cemetery, Luke Copse Cemetery, and Accrington Pals Memorial.

Thanks,

Robert

Paul,

That would be me, I think.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~aur/Battlefields/airview.htm

The pics on the website are kept on the crappy half of good just for things like this :D

Wanna exchange a HQ pic for a copy of your DVD?

Regards,

Marco

Thanks Marco

I did ask you for these a couple of years ago but lost them when I bought a new computer. I looked for a link on Toms site (That was were I first got the link from) but could not see it.

Thanks for the help

Cheers

Paul

Finished the SVCD/DVD now. Can not keep up with the demand for copies for friends who have been or intend to go. Will Pm You.

Cheers

Paul :rolleyes:

Paul,

Sorry that I cannot help with an aerial photo. Any interest in sharing a couple of your photos for the battlefield guide that I am working on? I could use a good shot of Railway Hollow Cemetery, Luke Copse Cemetery, and Accrington Pals Memorial.

Thanks,

Robert

Picture 1 - Railway Hollow 2004

post-7552-1136162431.jpg

post-7552-1136162505.jpg

Above, Railway Hollow

Below, the Accrington memorial.

post-7552-1136162540.jpg

I don't have pictures of the others that you asked for, but do have another from Sheffield Park showing the memorial to the Barnsley Pals. Any Use?

Dave,

Thanks for the photos. The Barnsley Pals would be useful; I am also looking for Luke Copse Cemetery. Do you have one thatI could use? I'll sent ou a PM with my email address - as soon as this recruit figures out how to do that.

Robert

Robert and Paul - the pictures were posted today, so should be with you soon. Unfortunately I don't have any shots of Luke Copse, although I'm sure that other here will have.

Dave

Luke Copse pics herewith. They were both taken some years ago. The one of the copse itself is taken from the rear. Hope they are what you want.

Martin

ps --and yes I have noticed the typo on one of the pics!

post-1268-1136451664.jpg

and one of the cemetery:

post-1268-1136451745.jpg