Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RMP

Guest Hill 60

OK, I know I'm going way off topic here but I hope that all the Pals will join me in raising a glass to my old Corps, the Royal Military Police, who lost another 3 Officers today in Iraq.

The MoD have just announced the names of the 3 MPs, they were:

Major Matthew Titchener, 150 Provost Company (aged 32)

WO Colin Watt, 150 Provost Company (aged 34)

Cpl Dewi Pritchard, 116 Provost Company (aged 35)

All served in 19 Mechanised Brigade based at Catterick, and according to reports had 4 children between them.

If anyone wishes to send their condolences by e-mail then they should be sent to rhq@rhqrmp.freeserve.co.uk

Thank you.

Edited by Lee

Guest Ian Bowbrick

On the back of my UN medal it says 'In the service of Peace'. Perhaps one day our political leaders will realise that a war is not over when the battle stops.

Here's to you lads

Ian

:ph34r:

OK, I know I'm going way off topic here but I hope that all the Pals will join me in raising a glass to my old Corps, the Royal Military Police, who lost another 3 Officers today in Iraq.

Certainly will ,Lee. (Though I had more than my fair share of "run-ins" with your lot in my time!)

I'd also like to spare a moment for those of my old unit (1/QLR) who are also there at the present.Received their first (and ,hopefully,last) casualties last week - while driving an ambulance marked up with the red cross! :angry:

Dave.

post-8-1061684926.jpg

A just and noble off topic subject

Winning the war is easy its winning the peace thats the hard part.

Some of us care and some of us will remember the sacrifice made to duty and freedom.

God bless

Arm.

I will do that Lee and hope that there will be no more but I've got the feeling that it will get worse (hope I'am wrong on that). The lads out there have a hard job on their hands, I just hope the ordinary Iraqies help them instead of rioting when the power is down due to sabotage.

Annette

Hi all,

Just to say thanks for the kind words put in on this subject. Many of you will know that I am serving in the RMP and dellow Forumite SKI is ex-RMP. We both knew WO2 Colin Wall, one of the chaps killed last week. Colin was a good friend of mine whilst stationed in Northern Ireland. Upon his return to UK, I always remember a story Colin told me of him purchasing a Vickers Machine Gun and tripod. Every Saturday he would take it out onto the front lawn of his married quarter and clean it. On one occasion he terrified the CO of the RMP training center as he left the married Quarter area to go to town. The CO had seen Colin sitting behind his MG :lol: SKI knew of Colin as well, Colin was one of Ski's training instructors whilst he was going through RMP training.

We will remember them

Iain