Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Middlesex Regiment

Guest Robertdavid

Guest Robertdavid

I am something of a novice and I wonder if anyone could possibly point me in the right direction? l have a copy of my grandmothers marriage certificate dated 1916 and her father George PEARSON is entered as being a private in the 1st Middlesex Regiment, my problem as such is l am unable to find out anything about this regiment/division? l have found several referances to the Middlesex but no mention of the 1st, could someone possibly help?

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Robert

I am something of a novice and I wonder if anyone could possibly point me in the right direction? l have a copy of my grandmothers marriage certificate dated 1916 and her father George PEARSON is entered as being a private in the 1st Middlesex Regiment, my problem as such is l am unable to find out anything about this regiment/division? l have found several referances to the Middlesex but no mention of the 1st, could someone possibly help?

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Robert

There certainly was a 1st Middlesex, Robert. It was the 1st Battalion of the Middlesex Regiment (or 1/Middlesex). Here's a link to the relevant page on the mother site... http://www.1914-1918.net/msex.htm

D.