Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photos from 1918

PhilW

Just been doing some rescans of photos taken in 1918 (and 1929 & 1993) of people, places mainly from 291SB RGA, 69 Brigade whilst with 5th Army during advance from Villers-Bret to Wassigny, April 1918 to Dec 1918. Several were taken in 1918 at the time (someone had a camera with them, I know not who) with some additional photos taken by grandfather in 1929 when he revisited the battlefields and some by me in 1993 when researching "grandad's war" with my dad, his son . Originals were scanned with a hand scanner some years ago but I thought I would redo them with my flatbed scanner for better quality. Thought they might be of interest to people on this forum so have put them on photobucket

http://photobucket.com/albums/d73/PhilRW/

They are as yet rather crude and need cropping/processing etc but if anyone is interested and wants a better copy of any please let me know.

Phil: Absolutely fantastic photos - especially those with the named officers. I have sent you an email. Regards. Dick Flory

Just been doing some rescans of photos taken in 1918 (and 1929 & 1993) of people, places mainly from 291SB RGA, 69 Brigade whilst with 5th Army during advance from Villers-Bret to Wassigny, April 1918 to Dec 1918. Several were taken in 1918 at the time (someone had a camera with them, I know not who) with some additional photos taken by grandfather in 1929 when he revisited the battlefields and some by me in 1993 when researching "grandad's war" with my dad, his son . Originals were scanned with a hand scanner some years ago but I thought I would redo them with my flatbed scanner for better quality. Thought they might be of interest to people on this forum so have put them on photobucket

http://photobucket.com/albums/d73/PhilRW/

They are as yet rather crude and need cropping/processing etc but if anyone is interested and wants a better copy of any please let me know.

Hello Phil,

Thank you for those marvellous photo's , if only we had the same for every siege battery! Any more would be much appreciated .

Regards,

Alan