Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

new medal card

JohnRambo

Hi, first i would like to say thanks for the all help that has been given in the past ,ie. understanding my Grandads( Thomas Watts, Army Service Corps) Medal card. at present i have had to leave this trail and strart a new one , hence the new Medal card attached,I am trying to look into my great grandad Thomas Sullivan who apparently served in the Kent Regiment. so far i have loacated 4 medal cards of the same name etc, but due to the fact that i have no deffinate regiment number i am a little stuck, the only information i have is that he was shot in the head by a Sniper and left for dead,but due to the fact that someone saw his arm move he was given medical attention, due to this scrap of evidence would i be correct in thinking that it may state that he was discaharged on his medal card, ?? so if that was the case does this Medal card show the same? p.s. iwould be grateful for any more light shone on this card. also he lived until 1968 with a metal plate in his head and paralysed down one side. lastly due to the fact that i only live 12 miles away from th NA, i would be more than happy to help anyone (within reason) with regards to looking up info as and when i can,

Ta Dave

post-9507-1134849442.jpg

It also says 'T of E' short for Termination of Engagement. Interestingly enough he was still awarded a War Badge. The evidence on this card makes it a possible candidate to be your man, but the only way to be sure is to search the two Soldiers' Papers series and see if i) you are lucky enough to find any of the 4 possibles, and ii) there are any details which tally with your knowledge re wounding.

Regards

Steve

He also appears to have been serving with the First Battalion, but has a number issued by the 3rd (Reserve) Battalion. His medals also appear to have been returned as undeliverable. An inspection of the medal roll will confirm his unit.

Terry Reeves

Dave

He joined the Buffs on 16/6/1908. As a special reservist he originally served with the 1st Battalion but was not in the original draft and was not entitled to clasp and roses. His only service was with the 1st Bn. He was discharged with wounds on 28/6/1917. His BWM and VM were returned and there is no record of them being reissued.

His SWB badge number was 203351.

Do you have any photos of Thomas? I am building a database of Buffs and would be grateful for any info you have.

Mick Mills