Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Herbert Kendalls Obit found & CWGC updated

steve fuller

Just thought Id share this minor victory.

The CWGC replied yeserday:

"I am pleased to inform you that with the documentary evidence supplied, I have been able to add additional information to the record of Private Kendall. Please see below for details:

Private KENDALL, HERBERT C.

Unit: 7th Bn.

Regiment: Bedfordshire Regiment

Service No: 200570

Date of Death: 23/03/1918

Commemoration: POZIERES MEMORIAL

France

Panel 28 and 29.

Additional Information: Son of George Thomas Clarke Kendall and Martha Annie Kendall, of Kettering; husband of Ellen Elizabeth Kendall, of Leighton Buzzard"

Will post his obit seperately as its too large at the mo so need to crop it down etc!

Question; is it worth letting the N&MP know as the info they have is even sketchier.

Hi Steve,

Does this mean they will be able to put extra info on the online certificate? If so, well done!

I'v come up with some additional info on a couple of the men i'v researched, is it worth letting the CWGC know? It's only basic stuff like age, next of kin etc.

Cheers,

Barrie

post-1637-1134729668.jpg

So now I know for certain that he was a Vickers gunner in the 5th Beds until wounded, operated on, returned to his unit but the op played him up so he was sent back home in 1917. When recovered he went to the 7th Beds in france Jan 1918 & was killed manning a lewis Gun on the Crozat Canal 2 months later.

AND ... finally I have confirmation of who his younger brother served in as the lirary had a Roll of Honour book in its safe, which had them both in! Thanks to a guy from Titchmarsh (?) who told me whilst we were nattering (as you do!!)

Yep, happier bunny now :D

Hi Steve,

Does this mean they will be able to put extra info on the online certificate? If so, well done!

I'v come up with some additional info on a couple of the men i'v researched, is it worth letting the CWGC know? It's only basic stuff like age, next of kin etc.

Cheers,

Barrie

Yep, sure does Barrie! Finally he's properly remembered :D

post-1637-1134730653.jpg

And yet another example of what 2 years at war can do to a man. From a strong, fit stonemason to a thin, ill soldier.

Steve

Well done mate - nice one.

Busy with one aswell at the moment.

Glyn

Steve

Well done mate - nice one.

Busy with one aswell at the moment.

Glyn

Thanks mate - good luck with yours!