Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memoire des Hommes - missing from database ??

aramsay

I have French in-laws, and am currently having a look thro' their relatives that were lost in the Great War, and have been using the French equivalent of the CWGC, "Memoire des Hommes".

(http://www.memoiredeshommes.sga.defense.gouv.fr/ ........if you are interested)

However, there are a couple of names that the family believe were lost, but don't appear on the database, and I wondered if any of our French-base Pals (Amis ??) would know if there are gaps in the on-line listing ?

We know that some detailed results panels are hidden due to the victim having restricted information on their "death card", but it's the missing ones that is puzzling us.......

For example....we believe there is a Caporal Francois Le Riguer who was lost in the Ardenne region in 1918, but he is not listed at all.

Also, doing a general search on Google turned up another Le Riguer (Guillaume) that is not on the d/b. The link has him as listed in a "livre d'Or" book commemorating past students of a school in Guingamp. It says he was lost 29/Aug./1914 while serving with the 47e Ri at Audigny, near St.Quentin. Strange thing is, there is a confirmed relative also called Guillaume on the M.des H. website, listed as lost on the 10/Sept./1914 with the 271e Ri at Fere Champenoise on the Marne........

I'd appreciate any pointers or hints that might clarify why some names appear, but others not.

Merci !