Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

OFFICERS DIED .

steve140968

I know that there are a number of soldiers died books available but am wondering if an 'officers died ' book exists and if so where would i find one . Regards , Steve .

There is one available through Naval & Military Press title Officers Died in the Great War 1914-1919

Reprint of original 1919 publication. NMP ref 7487 price £9-50.

Covers Army & RFC as known in 1919.

There is another series under the title Cross of Sacrifice but don't know too much about that one.

www.naval-military-press.com

Regards

John

Thankyou very much indeed John , Steve .

Hi Steve, :)

There is also a very good book with lots of portrait photo's of Officer casualties. It is called 'With a Poppy and a Prayer', it covers Third Ypres.

Cheers

Tim.

Steve,

I have the Cross of sacrifice "Officers Died" if you need any look ups

Patrick

;) Thanks Tim and Patrick . Patrick , after investigation it seems that there are several volumes of 'cross of sacrifice' . Which one would i need to research officers from regiments such as the Middlesex ? Many thanks , Steve .

;) Thanks Tim and Patrick . Patrick , after investigation it seems that there are several volumes of 'cross of sacrifice' . Which one would i need to research officers from regiments such as the Middlesex ? Many thanks , Steve .

Steve, I have Cross of Sacrifice Officers died Vol 1 which covers British, Indian and East Africa Regiments and Corps 1914-1919. Officers are lsited alphabetically not by Regiment. Also there is not a great deal of information being : Surnam, first names.Rank, decorations,cause and date of death,Unit, and where buried/remembered.

I also have officers died Essex Regiment so there must presumably be a book listing them by regiment.

Patrick

hi steve i have a copy of "Officers died 1914-1919" lists them by regiment then alphabetically, :) if you wish me to have a look let me know regards john

;) Thanks Patrick and John . I'm looking for officers of the 16th Middlesex regiment died during April 1917 . Any help would be much appreciated , cheers , Steve . Edited by steve140968

Steve

Only three from 16 Battalion.

Lt (TP) Herbert Geroge Andrews kia 19/4/17

Capt (TP) James Mein Austin Carruthers dow 26/4/17

2 LT (TP) William Matthew Forsyth dow 20/4/17

Regards

John

;) A big thanks john , these names will be a big help . Regards , Steve .