Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Missing MICS?

bobbluesboy

Maybe I am stating the obvious in some of this.I have several medal groups which when you check on the National Archives web site do not appear to exist.Amongst these are a Lieutenant in the RFA,a private in the 4th battallion Northumberland Fusiliers (TFEM Card is there) and a Captain who served in the HAC.The one common thread is that all these soldiers were serving after the mid 20,s.The Lieutenant rejoined in 1940 and served in WWII in the RA and Pioneer Corps,the Captain was still serving as a territorial in 1925,the Private still serving 1928.Could it be that a lot of these missing records exist but are somehow mixed up in there later service records which have not yet been released?

Also I have a war medal to a VAD which I cannot find C Stratter.According to a website I recently viewed there were 74,000 VADS in WWI but on National Archives MIC,s exist for only just over 10,000?

Has anyone heard any rumours about later records being released at all?

All the best to everyone on the forumn,Bob.

Hi I think its fair to say that most VADs did not serve abroad ,were not entitled to either the war or victory medals, so have no MICs. As for the missing ones of yours have a play with spelling just in case if youve not tried it and not wishing to state the obvious have you tried numbers instead of names? I had a lot of trouble with an officer he was there but the MIC stated something differeent from what I beleived, in that case my officer was listed under the imperial army rather than a regiment. good luck Gareth