Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Anyone going to Tyne Cot?

Nigel Marshall

If anyone is going to Tyne Cot and is willing to photograph some headstones and names on the memorial for me I would be most grateful. Im not sure of numbers yet but it may be quite a few...... couple of dozen at the most though, probably less. Thanks very much. I'll send a list if anyone can help.

Nigel. ;)

If anyone is going to Tyne Cot and is willing to photograph some headstones and names on the memorial for me I would be most grateful. Im not sure of numbers yet but it may be quite a few...... couple of dozen at the most though, probably less. Thanks very much. I'll send a list if anyone can help.

Nigel. ;)

Nigel

Send me an e-mail with the references and I will go next weekend. I'll have to work during the week and it will be too dark in the evening. I'm only living 15 kilometers from Tyne Cot, so no problem.

If it are Irish soldiers I might have some on my PC, because I made some which were included in an Irish Rememberance concert this year.

Erwin

Erwin

If it is not too much trouble could you photograph my 2nd cousin's Gt Uncle's memorial:-

Soldier, Private, 69319

Source Of Data Commonwalth War Graves Commision

Notes

Buired at Tyne Cot Cemetary, Belgium. Royal Welsh Fusiliers, Panel 63-65 Parents- Robert & Eliza Roberts 15 Fairfield Street, Wrexham, Denbeighshire

ROBERTS, DAVID

Initials: D

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment: Royal Welsh Fusiliers

Unit Text: 24th Bn.

Date of Death: 31/10/1918

Service No: 69319

Additional information: Son of Robert and Eliza Roberts, of 15, Fairfield St., Wrexham, Denbighshire.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: Panel 63 to 65.

Cemetery: TYNE COT MEMORIAL

I didn't know about him until after our own battlefield visit in the Summer

Thank you

Jane

Erwin,

I forgot to ask, but when you go to Tyne Cot taking photos, would you please sign the book on my behalf?

Thanks,

Nigel

Erwin,

I forgot to ask, but when you go to Tyne Cot taking photos, would you please sign the book on my behalf?

Thanks,

Nigel

No problem Nigel. If you want me to write something special just send me an e-mail.

I will go this weekend as promised.

Erwin

Erwin,

Nothing prophetic or poignant springs to mind.... I think words like that only come to me after a visit, thats why I sign on the way out.

I know for certain that it's the first time the McAndrew brothers will have had anyone there for them.... so maybe a word or two for them?

You'll be the man on the spot at the time, the choice is yours.

Thanks so much,

Nigel