Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Records for soldiers with surname Carver.

GRAHAM.FITT

Whilst searching for my grandfather's records at The National Archives I made a list of ALMOST ALL the soldiers with surname Carver whose records survived. I also noted their service numbers and units.

So if you're researching a soldier named Carver I should be able to tell you if his records survive at Kew.

I'm afraid the list is handwritten, so I can't post it here.

Graham.

• 2 months later...

Promenade.

Sorry. I don't have any listed for the KLCB. I also noted soldiers' home towns and there are no records for Liverpool or nearby towns. The medal rolls list five Carvers who served in the Liverpool Regiment, but none of them are in my list.

Graham.

Graham,

Were there any Kings Liverpool Regt (the Liverpool Pals were listed as KLCB on the papers) in the list of Carvers?

Thanks

Promenade

• 3 weeks later...

I have produced a .xls file giving details of all soldiers with the surname Carver whose service records are held at The National Archives at Kew. The records can be found on microfilms WO363/C654 and WO363/C655. Details of Carvers whose Pension Records can be found at Kew are not included at present. There are other Carvers shown on Medal Index Cards and on the CWGC website who are not on the list as their service records did not survive.

The forum won't let me post the file here. Any one who wants a copy please send me a PM with your email address.

Graham.