The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private John Luther Walton, West Yorks Regiment

sugerand

John Luther Walton

Private 17407 , 11th Bn, West Yorks.

Died 19th May 1916.

Burried at Tranchee De Mecknes Cemetery,

Can anyone tell us anything else about him.

Sue

From SDGW

Born Halifax

Enlisted York

KIA

All The Best

Chris

From SDGW

Born Halifax

Enlisted York

KIA

All The Best

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I am new to the forum and just wondered how you found this information. I dont suppose you know the date of his enlistment or where he was fighting at the time of his death. John is a relative of my husband but I am also researching my Great Uncle Frank Bowe of the 1/7 Bn of the West Yorkshires. I have quite a lot of info on him but do not know where he enlisted and what date. Unfortunately he was KIA at Passchendale in 1917.

Thanks for your help.

Sue

Hello Sue

John Luther Walton appears on the Halifax Roll of Honour. I will see if I can find any details about him the next time I am in Halifax library, it should be sometime in the next couple of weeks.

regards

Rob

Hello Sue

John Luther Walton appears on the Halifax Roll of Honour. I will see if I can find any details about him the next time I am in Halifax library, it should be sometime in the next couple of weeks.

regards

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Anything you can find out would be very much appreciated.

Sue

Thanks Chris.

I am new to the forum and just wondered how you found this information. I dont suppose you know the date of his enlistment or where he was fighting at the time of his death. John is a relative of my husband but I am also researching my Great Uncle Frank Bowe of the 1/7 Bn of the West Yorkshires. I have quite a lot of info on him but do not know where he enlisted and what date. Unfortunately he was KIA at Passchendale in 1917.

Thanks for your help.

Sue

Sue

the info is from "soldiers died great war" & unfortunately does not have dates of enlistment. As for his place of death is suggest you post something in the Units & Formations part of the Forum

All The Best

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Sue

I've been to Halifax library and found the attached obituary. Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

regards

Rob