Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Julia Ann Sutton

bernadine nisbet

Hello list I am new to the list today I am trying to find out about one of my relatives she was Julia Ann TURNER born Wrexham1876 Married an Ed SUTTON but was widowed after only 3 yrs She went under her maiden name I think but I can remember that someone in the family said she was supposed to be the last British lady to leave France in the great war?I know she remarried a James Bond in1917 she went under Annie Turner how can i check if there was any truth in this matter? Thanks Bernadine

There are two medal index cards for women with the name Annie Turner. One is Annie J Turner and the other is for Annie Turner. Each card is for a Sister with the Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service Reserve. They may be the same person or they may be two different people. There isn't anyone listed with the name Annie Bond or Julia Bond. The only mic for a woman with surname Bond is another Sister named Mary Ann Bond again with the QAIMNSR.

There are two medal index cards for women with the name Annie Turner. One is Annie J Turner and the other is for Annie Turner. Each card is for a Sister with the Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service Reserve. They may be the same person or they may be two different people. There isn't anyone listed with the name Annie Bond or Julia Bond. The only mic for a woman with surname Bond is another Sister named Mary Ann Bond again with the QAIMNSR.

thank you so much for taking time for me greatly appreciated. She didn't marry James Bond until 1917 I notice too that she married under her maiden name Turner I know she settled in the St Helens Dist Lancashire. Thank you so much Bernadine