Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Grandads Medal Card help once more needed

JohnRambo

Hi , i asked for assitance with my grandads Medal card before however sadly i cant seem to find the valuable information i was so kindly given before , hence the request for help again.I can understand some of the information given on it but i am usure of some of the other details on it,

It states as far as i can tell he was in the ASC and he was a Driver?? in in the 4th Division i know it sounds silly but does the term " 2 Coy" mean 2nd Company??and would someone explain what the letter" I"

which is marked just above his army number stands for??.

I can see that he received a 1914 Mons Star with a Clasp and Rose along with a Victory Medal and a British Medal, however that is as far as i can get, i would be very grateful for any further assisstance,and any advice in getting any further,

The information on this card is as follows

Action Taken:clasp.33042.clasp Rose IV. 3439??/R d/ 232.2 1 ???

Ps how would i attach a picture of this Medal card as i tried but it stated that the file space was to great ?? (computers still cant understand them)

Thank you for any help given

Dave

It really would help if we can see it.

Try these instructions:

Open the PDF file with the MIC on it and use the select tool to select the MIC in a rectangle.

Right click on said rectangle and select copy.

Now open Paint (Program files - Accessories)

From the file menu select paste.

You should now have the MIC in Paint.

It might be a bit big so go to the Image menu. Select Stretch/Skew. You should get a window with 100% in two boxes. Change those to 80%

Save your file (make sure the file type says Jpeg not Bitmap or BMP)

You should now be able to post the image.

The action taken is where the recipient claimed his clasp and roses. (Clasp for the Medal ribbon, "roses" for the ribbon worn without the medal) which signifies that the soldier was in a battle zone during qualification for the 1914 Star. The clasp had to be claimed and the references would be to (long lost) paperwork for the issue of the clasp.

Steve.