Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Military Medal, Medal Roll

dunmore44

after recieving Walter Davis MM London Gazette (gratefully recieved by Welshdoc) with a date of Feb 1919, I would still like to find out more about this mans actions the resulted in the award, I plan to buy the 4th Royal Fusiliers war diary from Jul - Nov 1918 which may shed some light.

I am also planning to obtain his MM medal Roll, does anyone know what details are shown of this roll

The index Card for his MM will contain the date of the London Gazette promulgation of his award,along with the Gazette number,His regimental details{Name,Number,Rank,Sometimes Battalion/Company/Battery in Case of Corps/Artillery,but very little else,as will the London Gazette entry,No citations{apart from a very few pertaining to Nurses & for Men awarded MM/Bars in the NREF in 1919/20s}being published in the LG;The Card was just the War Offices record of the award,so information is scant.

Edited by HarryBettsMCDCM

Hello

check out the London Gazette - might tell you the town he lived in (not always any use though as not sure how accurate this info is or where they got it from - I have some MMs and cant find a thing on them in the local rag)

try this link - its not working at present

http://www.gazette-online.co.uk/archiveSea...chSubmit=Search

Ian

Edited by Coldstreamer