Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Durham Light Infantry - Robert C Gladston

Guest Paul Gladstone

Guest Paul Gladstone

I'm a novice with Medal Index Cards, but I can see the following information on my Grandfathers.

He served with the Durham Light Infantry as a Private. His Regimental no was 104595

Under Victory Medal appears to be the numbers 0/1/103 then under Page is B336478.

Under British Medal is the same as above.

Can anyone inform me how I can use this information to take my research further.

Many thanks.

Paul

Paul,

These numbers are referring you back to the relevant copy of the D.L.I. Medal Roll Book, which will show his British War Medal & Victory Medal entries. It will also gives details of the current DLI Battalion he is serving in and any details of previous DLI Battalions he may served with or indeed any other regiment apart from Battalions/Units he will have served with in the U.K.

Graham.

Guest Paul Gladstone
Paul,

These numbers are referring you back to the relevant copy of the D.L.I. Medal Roll Book, which will show his British War Medal & Victory Medal entries. It will also gives details of the current DLI Battalion he is serving in and any details of previous DLI Battalions he may served with or indeed any other regiment apart from Battalions/Units he will have served with in the U.K.

Graham.

Thanks Graham.

Paul

It is held at the National Archives in Kew, in document series WO329.

When you go, there is a method to convert the reference O/1/103B page 336478 into a WO329 reference so you can order the roll for reading.