Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ive beaten the London Gazette

welshdoc

After months of trying I have beaten the blo**dy LG scanning system. I have spent hours trying to find a BEM to an O'Leary. As it was chucking it down this morning I sat and tried again. As we all know O' cause chaos and will not be found, the number at the being of the line is not recognized... Think I thought, have a look at BEM listings to see format. Ok number at beginning no chance, ah ah full rank and full Christian name. Worth a try Henry - too many hits, guessed second name starting with M bingo Michael, 1 hit right number. I can retire in peace at last. Have now found all the online LG entries I have been searching for, victory at last is mine (with lots of help and ideas from you guys). Gareth :D:D

Hello

well done

I know its a pain but out of the 600 or so things I have found , only a few evade me - its better than nothing and its FREE

Ian

Hello

well done

I know its a pain but out of the 600 or so things I have found , only a few evade me - its better than nothing and its FREE

Ian

Yes its a good resource and Im learning the tricks slowly. Gareth

hello

but its not working today at all

:(

Ian

It seemed to crash and burn late lats night...

It seems to do it most weekends.

Steve.

Well done, Gareth! It's always such a sense of accomplishment when I can get the bloody thing to work!

Hi all, the LG can be a pain all right but its pretty good for officer promotions but as Steve would agree Mentioneds are fun to find. I thought Id sorted all mine but going through the books found 2 which I think are self awarded so a challege to Steve are they?

170278 Dvr John Swayne also 632238 RA

26226 Dvr Charles Howard RFA

Neither are listed in the NA as MID either .

But dont forget the memorials prog is on tonight.

Gareth ;);)